Key Requirements for a MSN Messenger Activity
The following are the minimum key requirements you need to read to develop a MSN Messenger Activity.
Requirements for Submitting the Application
- Download the Activity SDK from MSDN at http://msdn.microsoft.com/msn/messenger
- Develop your Activity and perform pre-review compliance testing of the application as specified in the SDK
- Submit your Activity for final review, at http://activity.msn.com before it is enabled for use by Messenger users
- Activity is reviewed based on features and review requirements
- MSN notifies you when the Activity is enabled for use within Messenger
For more information about requirements for submittal, see the following:
Requirements for Special Permissions
- Request permission for using restricted features, such as hosting ActiveX controls, getting the user's IP address, performing Microsoft® .NET Passport authentication, or other restricted features.
- Notify the user about any user information you are collecting and how it is used, such as getting the user's IP address or intercepting chat messages.
For more information about requirements for special permissions, see Requesting Usage of Special Permissions.
- Provide a Help link within the application.
- Sign ActiveX controls and submit testing instructions for the case where the user does not install the control.
- Document any additional software that is required to be installed. If additional software is required, you must request permission. Anything from your own custom-developed software to Windows Media Player, for example, would be additional software.
For more information about the above additional requirements, see Additional Activity API Development Requirements.
Contact developer support if you have any questions about development. For more information, see MSN Messenger Activity API Support.